Pronunciation: (dun), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/done.html on line 71 [key]
1. pp. of do 1.
2. Nonstandard.a pt. of do 1.
1. South Midland and Southern U.S. Nonstandard.(used with a principal verb in the past or, sometimes, present tense to indicate completed action): I done told you so. He done eat his lunch.
2. be or have done with, to break off relations or connections with; stop.
1. completed; finished; through: Our work is done.
2. cooked sufficiently.
3. worn out; exhausted; used up.
4. in conformity with fashion, good taste, or propriety; acceptable: It isn't done.
5. done for, Informal.
a. tired; exhausted.
b. deprived of one's means, position, etc.
c. dead or close to death.
6. done in, Informal.very tired; exhausted: He was really done in after a close race.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.