Pronunciation: (dout), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/doubt.html on line 81 [key]
1. to be uncertain about; consider questionable or unlikely; hesitate to believe.
2. to distrust.
3. Archaic.to fear; be apprehensive about.
to be uncertain about something; be undecided in opinion or belief.
1. a feeling of uncertainty about the truth, reality, or nature of something.
3. a state of affairs such as to occasion uncertainty.
4. Obs.fear; dread.
5. beyond the shadow of a doubt, with certainty; definitely. Also,beyond a doubt,beyond doubt.
6. in doubt, in a state of uncertainty or suspense: His appointment to the position is still in doubt.
7. no doubt,
b. certainly: There is no doubt an element of truth in what you say.
8. without doubt, unquestionably; certainly.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.