Pronunciation: (dō'vur), [key]
1. a seaport in E Kent, in SE England: point nearest the coast of France. 101,700.
2. Strait of. French, Pas de Calais. a strait between England and France, connecting the English Channel and the North Sea: least width 20 mi. (32 km).
3. a city in and the capital of Delaware, in the central part. 23,512.
4. a city in SE New Hampshire. 22,377.
5. a town in N New Jersey. 14,681.
6. a city in E Ohio. 11,526.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.