Pronunciation: (drā'pu-rē), [key]
1. coverings, hangings, clothing, etc., of fabric, esp. as arranged in loose, graceful folds.
2. Often, draperies. long curtains, usually of heavy fabric and often designed to open and close across a window.
3. the draping or arranging of hangings, clothing, etc., in graceful folds.
4. Art.hangings, clothing, etc., as represented in sculpture or painting.
5. cloths or textile fabrics collectively.
a. See dry goods.
b. the stock, shop, or business of a draper.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.