Pronunciation: (drôr for 1, 2; drô'ur for 3–6), [key]
1. a sliding, lidless, horizontal compartment, as in a piece of furniture, that may be drawn out in order to gain access to it.
2. drawers, (used with a pl. v.) an undergarment, with legs, that covers the lower part of the body.
3. a person or thing that draws.
4. Finance.a person who draws an order, draft, or bill of exchange.
5. Metalworking.a person who operates a drawbench.
6. a tapster.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.