Pronunciation: (drip), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/drip.html on line 71 [key]
—v., dripped or dript, drip•ping,
1. to let drops fall; shed drops: This faucet drips.
2. to fall in drops, as a liquid.
to let fall in drops.
1. an act of dripping.
2. liquid that drips.
3. the sound made by falling drops: the irritating drip of a faucet.
4. Slang.an unattractive, boring, or colorless person.
5. (in house painting) the accumulation of solidified drops of paint at the bottom of a painted surface.
6. Archit., Building Trades.any device, as a molding, for shedding rain water to keep it from running down a wall, falling onto the sill of an opening, etc.
7. a pipe for draining off condensed steam from a radiator, heat exchanger, etc.
8. Med.See intravenous drip.
9. Slang.maudlin sentimentality.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.