Pronunciation: (drī'ving), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/driving.html on line 73 [key]
1. demanding a high or unreasonable rate of work from subordinates.
2. vigorously active; energetic: a driving young executive.
3. having force and violence: a driving storm.
4. relaying or transmitting power.
5. used while operating a vehicle: driving gloves.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.