Pronunciation: (dOO'ul, dyOO'-), [key]
1. of, pertaining to, or noting two.
2. composed or consisting of two people, items, parts, etc., together; twofold; double: dual ownership; dual controls on a plane.
3. having a twofold, or double, character or nature.
4. Gram.being or pertaining to a member of the category of number, as in Old English, Old Russian, or Arabic, that denotes two of the things in question.
1. the dual number.
2. a form in the dual, as Old English git “you two,” as contrasted with ge “you” referring to three or more.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.