Pronunciation: (dukt), [key]
1. any tube, canal, pipe, or conduit by which a fluid, air, or other substance is conducted or conveyed.
2. Anat., Zool.a tube, canal, or vessel conveying a body fluid, esp. a glandular secretion or excretion.
3. Bot.a cavity or vessel formed by elongated cells or by many cells.
4. Elect.a single enclosed runway for conductors or cables.
5. Print.(in a press) the reservoir for ink.
to convey or channel by means of a duct or ducts: Heat from the oven is ducted to the outside.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.