Pronunciation: (dungk), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/dunk.html on line 75 [key]
1. to dip (a doughnut, cake, etc.) into coffee, milk, or the like, before eating.
2. to submerge in a liquid: She dunked the curtains in the dye.
3. Basketball.to attempt to thrust (a ball) through the basket using a dunk shot.
1. to dip or submerge something, oneself, etc., in a liquid: She thinks it's vulgar to dunk. Let's dunk in the pool before dinner.
2. Basketball.to execute or attempt a dunk shot.
1. any flavorful sauce, dip, gravy, etc., into which portions of food are dipped before eating.
2. Basketball.See dunk shot.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.