—n., adj.dOO'pli-kit, dyOO'-;
—v.dOO'pli-kāt", dyOO'-), [key]
—n., v., -cat•ed, -cat•ing,
1. a copy exactly like an original.
2. anything corresponding in all respects to something else.
3. Cards.a duplicate game.
4. in duplicate, in two copies, esp. two identical copies: Please type the letter in duplicate.
1. to make an exact copy of.
2. to do or perform again; repeat: He duplicated his father's way of standing with his hands in his pockets.
3. to double; make twofold.
to become duplicate.
1. exactly like or corresponding to something else: duplicate copies of a letter.
2. consisting of or existing in two identical or corresponding parts; double.
3. Cards.noting a game in which each team plays a series of identical hands, the winner being the team making the best total score.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.