Pronunciation: (ā'tē siks'), [key]
1. a cardinal number, 80 plus 6.
2. a symbol for this number, as 86 or LXXXVI.
3. a set of this many persons or things.
4. Slang.a customer considered undesirable or unwelcome and refused service at a bar or restaurant.
1. amounting to 86 in number.
2. Slang.sold out; out of stock.
1. to refuse to serve (an undesirable or unwelcome customer) at a bar or restaurant.
2. to reject; discard.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.