Pronunciation: (el"u-men'tl), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/elemental.html on line 75 [key]
1. of the nature of an ultimate constituent; simple; uncompounded.
2. pertaining to rudiments or first principles.
3. starkly simple, primitive, or basic: a spare, elemental prose style; hate, lust, and other elemental emotions.
4. pertaining to the agencies, forces, or phenomena of physical nature: elemental gods.
5. comparable to the great forces of nature, as in power or magnitude: elemental grandeur.
6. of, pertaining to, or of the nature of the four elements, earth, water, air, and fire, or of any one of them.
7. pertaining to chemical elements.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.