Pronunciation: (els), [key]
1. other than the persons or things mentioned or implied: What else could I have done?
2. in addition to the persons or things mentioned or implied: Who else was there?
3. other or in addition (used in the possessive following an indefinite pronoun): someone else's money.
1. if not (usually prec. by or): It's a macaw, or else I don't know birds.
2. in some other way; otherwise: How else could I have acted?
3. at some other place or time: Where else might I find this book?
4. or else, or suffer the consequences: Do what I say, or else.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.