Pronunciation: (i-mō'shu-nl), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/emotional.html on line 75 [key]
1. pertaining to or involving emotion or the emotions.
2. subject to or easily affected by emotion: We are an emotional family, given to demonstrations of affection.
3. appealing to the emotions: an emotional request for contributions.
4. showing or revealing very strong emotions: an emotional scene in a play.
5. actuated, effected, or determined by emotion rather than reason: An emotional decision is often a wrong decision.
6. governed by emotion: He is in a highly emotional state of mind.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.