Pronunciation: (en"tur-tān'munt), [key]
1. the act of entertaining; agreeable occupation for the mind; diversion; amusement: Solving the daily crossword puzzle is an entertainment for many.
2. something affording pleasure, diversion, or amusement, esp. a performance of some kind: The highlight of the ball was an elaborate entertainment.
3. hospitable provision for the needs and wants of guests.
4. a divertingly adventurous, comic, or picaresque novel.
5. Obs.maintenance in service.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.