Pronunciation: (ep'u-sōd", -zōd"), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/episode.html on line 73 [key]
1. an incident in the course of a series of events, in a person's life or experience, etc.
2. an incident, scene, etc., within a narrative, usually fully developed and either integrated within the main story or digressing from it.
3. one of a number of loosely connected, but usually thematically related, scenes or stories constituting a literary work.
5. Music.an intermediate or digressive passage, esp. in a contrapuntal composition.
6. Motion Pictures, Radio, and Television.any one of the separate productions that constitute a serial.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.