Pronunciation: (i-kwes'trē-un), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/equestrian.html on line 75 [key]
1. of or pertaining to horseback riding or horseback riders: equestrian skill.
2. mounted on horseback: equestrian knights.
3. representing a person mounted on a horse: an equestrian statue.
4. pertaining to or composed of knights or mounted warriors: an equestrian code of honor.
5. of or pertaining to the ancient Roman equites.
a person who rides horses.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.