Pronunciation: (i-rot'u-siz"um), [key]
1. the sexual or erotic quality or character of something.
2. the use of sexually arousing or suggestive symbolism, settings, allusions, situations, etc., in art, literature, drama, or the like.
3. the condition of being sexually aroused or excited.
4. sexual drive or tendency.
5. an abnormally persistent sexual drive. Also,er•o•tismPronunciation: (er'u-tiz"um). [key]
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.