Pronunciation: (i-tûr'ni-tē), [key]
1. infinite time; duration without beginning or end.
2. eternal existence, esp. as contrasted with mortal life: the eternity of God.
3. Theol.the timeless state into which the soul passes at a person's death.
4. an endless or seemingly endless period of time: We had to wait an eternity for the check to arrive.
5. eternities,the truths or realities of life and thought that are regarded as timeless or eternal.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.