Pronunciation: (i-thēr'ē-ul), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/ethereal.html on line 81 [key]
1. light, airy, or tenuous: an ethereal world created through the poetic imagination.
2. extremely delicate or refined: ethereal beauty.
3. heavenly or celestial: gone to his ethereal home.
4. of or pertaining to the upper regions of space.
5. Chem.pertaining to, containing, or resembling ethyl ether. Also,aethereal (for defs. 1–4).
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.