Pronunciation: (i-vak"yOO-ā'shun), [key]
1. the act or process of evacuating, or the condition of being evacuated; discharge or expulsion, as of contents.
2. Physiol.discharge, as of waste matter through the excretory passages, esp. from the bowels.
3. something evacuated or discharged.
4. the removal of persons or things from an endangered area.
5. clearance by removal of troops, equipment, etc.
6. the withdrawal or removal of troops, civilians, etc.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.