Pronunciation: (ev'ur), [key]
1. at all times; always: an ever-present danger; He is ever ready to find fault.
2. continuously: ever since then.
3. at any time: Have you ever seen anything like it?
4. in any possible case; by any chance; at all (often used to intensify or emphasize a phrase or an emotional reaction as surprise or impatience): How did you ever manage to do it? If the band ever plays again, we will dance.
5. ever and again, now and then; from time to time. Also, Literary,ever and anon.
6. ever so, to a great extent or degree; exceedingly: They were ever so kind to me.
South Midland and Southern U.S.every: She rises early ever morning.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.