Pronunciation: (ev"ur-las'ting, -lä'sting), [key]
1. lasting forever; eternal: everlasting future life.
2. lasting or continuing for an indefinitely long time: the everlasting hills.
3. incessant; constantly recurring: He is plagued by everlasting attacks of influenza.
4. wearisome; tedious: She tired of his everlasting puns.
1. eternal duration; eternity: What is the span of one life compared with the everlasting?
2. the Everlasting,God.
3. any of various plants that retain their shape or color when dried, as certain composite plants of the genera Helichrysum, Gnaphalium, and Helipterum.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.