Pronunciation: (ig-zôlt'), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/exalt.html on line 73 [key]
1. to raise in rank, honor, power, character, quality, etc.; elevate: He was exalted to the position of president.
2. to praise; extol: to exalt someone to the skies.
3. to stimulate, as the imagination: The lyrics of Shakespeare exalted the audience.
4. to intensify, as a color: complementary colors exalt each other.
5. Obs.to elate, as with pride or joy.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.