Pronunciation: (ig-zek'yu-tiv), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/executive.html on line 77 [key]
1. a person or group of persons having administrative or supervisory authority in an organization.
2. the person or persons in whom the supreme executive power of a government is vested.
3. the executive branch of a government.
1. of, pertaining to, or suited for carrying out plans, duties, etc.: executive ability.
2. pertaining to or charged with the execution of laws and policies or the administration of public affairs: executive appointments; executive committees.
3. designed for, used by, or suitable for executives: an executive suite.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.