Pronunciation: (ig-zib'it), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/exhibit.html on line 79 [key]
1. to offer or expose to view; present for inspection: to exhibit the latest models of cars.
2. to manifest or display: to exhibit anger; to exhibit interest.
3. to place on show: to exhibit paintings.
4. to make manifest; explain.
5. Law.to submit (a document, object, etc.) in evidence in a court of law.
6. Med. Obs.to administer (something) as a remedy.
to make or give an exhibition; present something to public view.
1. an act or instance of exhibiting; exhibition.
2. something that is exhibited.
3. an object or a collection of objects shown in an exhibition, fair, etc.
4. Law.a document or object exhibited in court and referred to and identified in written evidence.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.