—v.ik-spôrt', -spōrt', ek'spôrt, -spōrt;
—n., adj.ek'spôrt, -spōrt), [key]
1. to ship (commodities) to other countries or places for sale, exchange, etc.
2. to send or transmit (ideas, institutions, etc.) to another place, esp. to another country.
3. Computers.to save (documents, data, etc.) in a format usable by another application program.
to ship commodities to another country for sale, exchange, etc.
1. the act of exporting; exportation: the export of coffee.
2. something that is exported; an article exported: Coffee is a major export of Colombia.
1. of or pertaining to the exportation of goods or to exportable goods: export duties.
2. produced for export: an export beer.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.