Pronunciation: (ik-sten'siv), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/extensive.html on line 77 [key]
1. of great extent; wide; broad: an extensive area.
2. covering or extending over a great area: extensive travels.
3. far-reaching; comprehensive; thorough: extensive knowledge.
4. lengthy: an extensive journey.
5. great in amount, number, or degree: an extensive fortune; extensive political influence.
6. of or having extension: Space is extensive, time durational.
7. noting or pertaining to a system of agriculture involving the use or cultivation of large areas of land with a minimum of labor and expense (opposed to intensive).
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.