Pronunciation: (ik-stēr'ē-ur), [key]
1. outer; being on the outer side: the exterior surface; exterior decorations.
2. intended or suitable for outdoor use: exterior paint.
3. situated or being outside; pertaining to or connected with what is outside: the exterior territories of a country.
1. the outer surface or part; outside.
2. outward form or appearance: She has a placid exterior, but inside she is tormented.
3. Math.the collection of points not contained in the closure of a given set.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.