Pronunciation: (fab'rik), [key]
1. a cloth made by weaving, knitting, or felting fibers: woolen fabrics.
2. the texture of the woven, knitted, or felted material: cloth of a soft, pliant fabric.
3. framework; structure: the fabric of society.
4. a building; edifice.
5. the method of construction.
6. the act of constructing, esp. of a church building.
7. the maintenance of such a building.
8. Petrog.the spatial arrangement and orientation of the constituents of a rock.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.