Pronunciation: (fāth'ful), [key]
1. strict or thorough in the performance of duty: a faithful worker.
2. true to one's word, promises, vows, etc.
3. steady in allegiance or affection; loyal; constant: faithful friends.
4. reliable, trusted, or believed.
5. adhering or true to fact, a standard, or an original; accurate: a faithful account; a faithful copy.
6. Obs.full of faith; believing.
a. the believers, esp. members of a Christian church or adherents of Islam.
b. the body of loyal members of any party or group.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.