Pronunciation: (fe&thslash;'ur-wāt"), [key]
1. a boxer or other contestant intermediate in weight between a bantamweight and a lightweight, esp. a professional boxer weighing up to 126 lb. (57 kg).
2. an insignificant person or thing: He thinks he's a major composer, but he's just a featherweight.
1. belonging to the class of featherweights, esp. in boxing.
2. extremely light in weight: a featherweight quilt.
3. unimportant; trifling; slight.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.