Pronunciation: (fē'chur), [key]
—n., v., -tured, -tur•ing.
1. a prominent or conspicuous part or characteristic: Tall buildings were a new feature on the skyline.
2. something offered as a special attraction: This model has several added features.
3. Also called fea'ture film'. the main motion picture in a movie program: What time is the feature?
4. any part of the face, as the nose, chin, or eyes: prominent features.
5. features,the face; countenance: to compose one's features for the photographers.
6. the form or cast of the face: delicate of feature.
7. a column, cartoon, etc., appearing regularly in a newspaper or magazine.
8. See feature story.
9. Archaic.make, form, or shape.
1. to be a feature or distinctive mark of: It was industrial expansion that featured the last century.
2. to make a feature of; give prominence to: to feature a story or picture in a newspaper.
3. to delineate the main characteristics of; depict; outline.
4. Informal.to conceive of; imagine; fancy: He couldn't quite feature himself as a bank president.
5. Older Use.to resemble in features; favor.
to play a major part.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.