Pronunciation: (fyOO), [key]
—adj., -er, -est,
1. not many but more than one: Few artists live luxuriously.
2. few and far between, at widely separated intervals; infrequent: In Nevada the towns are few and far between.
1. (used with a pl. v.) a small number or amount: Send me a few.
2. quite a few, a fairly large number; many: There were quite a few interesting things to do.
3. the few,a special, limited number; the minority: That music appeals to the few.
(used with a pl. v.) a small number of persons or things: A dozen people volunteered, but few have shown up.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.