Pronunciation: (fā), [key]
1. Brit. Dial.doomed; fated to die.
2. Chiefly Scot.appearing to be under a spell; marked by an apprehension of death, calamity, or evil.
3. supernatural; unreal; enchanted: elves, fairies, and other fey creatures.
4. being in unnaturally high spirits, as were formerly thought to precede death.
5. whimsical; strange; otherworldly: a strange child with a mysterious smile and a fey manner.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.