Pronunciation: (fēnd), [key]
1. Satan; the devil.
2. any evil spirit; demon.
3. a diabolically cruel or wicked person.
4. a person or thing that causes mischief or annoyance: Those children are little fiends.
5. Informal.a person who is extremely addicted to some pernicious habit: an opium fiend.
6. Informal.a person who is excessively interested in some game, sport, etc.; fan; buff: a bridge fiend.
7. a person who is highly skilled or gifted in something: a fiend at languages.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.