Pronunciation: (fīur'ē, fī'u-rē), [key]
—adj., fier•i•er, fier•i•est.
1. consisting of, attended with, characterized by, or containing fire: a volcano's fiery discharge.
2. intensely hot: fiery desert sands.
3. like or suggestive of fire: a fiery red; angry, fiery eyes.
4. intensely ardent, impetuous, or passionate: fiery courage; a fiery speech.
5. easily angered or provoked: a fiery temper.
6. causing a burning sensation, as certain liquors or condiments.
7. inflamed, as a tumor or sore.
8. Mining Older Use.
a. highly flammable.
b. containing highly flammable gas.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.