Pronunciation: (fil'up), [key]
1. to strike with the nail of a finger snapped from the end of the thumb.
2. to tap or strike smartly.
3. to drive by or as by a fillip: Anticipation filliped his passion.
to make a fillip with the fingers.
1. an act or instance of filliping; a smart tap or stroke.
2. anything that tends to rouse, excite, or revive; a stimulus: Praise is an excellent fillip for waning ambition.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.