Pronunciation: (flôr'un-tēn", -tīn", flor'-), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/florentine.html on line 73 [key]
1. of or pertaining to Florence, Italy: the Florentine poets of the 14th century.
2. pertaining to or designating the style of art developed in Florence during the late 13th to 15th centuries.
3. (of food) served or prepared with spinach: eggs Florentine.
1. a native or inhabitant of Florence, Italy.
2. (often l.c.) a cookie made with orange peel and almonds and coated with chocolate.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.