Pronunciation: (flī'ō"vur), [key]
1. a formation of aircraft in flight for observation from the ground, esp. a prearranged, low-altitude flight over a public gathering.
2. a flight over a simulated target by a bomber or bombing planes.
3. a flight over a specified area, as for viewing: We booked a one-hour flyover of the Grand Canyon.
4. the action of passing or flying overhead: rumors of another UFO flyover.
5. Brit.an overhead crossing, esp. a highway overpass.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.