Pronunciation: (fō), [key]
1. a person who feels enmity, hatred, or malice toward another; enemy: a bitter foe.
2. a military enemy; hostile army.
3. a person belonging to a hostile army or nation.
4. an opponent in a game or contest; adversary: a political foe.
5. a person who is opposed in feeling, principle, etc., to something: a foe to progress in civil rights.
6. a thing that is harmful to or destructive of something: Sloth is the foe of health.
Fraternal Order of Eagles.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.