Pronunciation: (fol'ō-ing), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/following.html on line 71 [key]
1. a body of followers, attendants, adherents, etc.
2. the body of admirers, attendants, patrons, etc., of someone or something: That television show has a large following.
3. the following,that which comes immediately after, as pages, lines, etc.: See the following for a list of exceptions.
1. that follows or moves in the same direction: a following wind.
2. that comes after or next in order or time; ensuing: the following day.
3. that is now to follow; now to be mentioned, described, related, or the like: Check the following report for details.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.