Pronunciation: (fôr'kast", -käst", fōr'-), [key]
—v., -cast or -cast•ed, -cast•ing,
1. to predict (a future condition or occurrence); calculate in advance: to forecast a heavy snowfall; to forecast lower interest rates.
2. to serve as a prediction of; foreshadow.
3. to contrive or plan beforehand; prearrange.
1. to conjecture beforehand; make a prediction.
2. to plan or arrange beforehand.
1. a prediction, esp. as to the weather.
2. a conjecture as to something in the future.
3. the act, practice, or faculty of forecasting.
4. Archaic.foresight in planning.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.