Pronunciation: (fur-get'), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/forget.html on line 77 [key]
—v., -got or (Archaic) -gat; -got•ten or -got; -get•ting.
1. to cease or fail to remember; be unable to recall: to forget someone's name.
2. to omit or neglect unintentionally: I forgot to shut the window before leaving.
3. to leave behind unintentionally; neglect to take: to forget one's keys.
4. to omit mentioning; leave unnoticed.
5. to fail to think of; take no note of.
6. to neglect willfully; disregard or slight.
1. to cease or omit to think of something.
2. forget oneself, to say or do something improper or unbefitting one's rank, position, or character.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.