Pronunciation: (fôr'myu-ler"ē), [key]
—n., pl. -lar•ies,
1. a collection or system of formulas.
2. a set form of words; formula.
3. Pharm.a book listing pharmaceutical substances and formulas for making medicinal preparations.
4. Eccles.a book containing prescribed forms used in the service of a church.
1. of or pertaining to a formula or formulas: the formulary aspect of a science.
2. of the nature of a formula: He dispenses easy, formulary solutions to our problems.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.