Pronunciation: (fresh'mun), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/freshman.html on line 75 [key]
—n., pl. -men,
1. a student in the first year of the course at a university, college, or high school.
2. a novice; beginner.
1. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of a freshman: to outgrow one's freshman attitudes.
2. lacking seniority or experience; junior: a freshman senator.
3. required of or suitable for freshmen: freshman courses.
4. initial; first: This is my freshman year with the company.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.