Pronunciation: (fril), [key]
1. a trimming, as a strip of cloth or lace, gathered at one edge and left loose at the other; ruffle.
2. something resembling such a trimming, as the fringe of hair on the chest of some dogs.
3. affectation of manner, style, etc.
4. something superfluous.
5. Photog.wrinkling or loosening of an emulsion at the edges, usually due to excessively high temperature during developing.
1. to trim or ornament with a frill or frills.
2. to form into a frill.
Photog.(of an emulsion) to become wrinkled or loose.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.