Pronunciation: (frun'tij), [key]
1. the front of a building or lot.
2. the lineal extent of this front: a frontage of 200 feet.
3. the direction it faces: The house has an ocean frontage.
4. land abutting on a river, street, etc.: He was willing to pay the higher cost of a lake frontage.
5. the land between a building and the street, a body of water, etc.: He complained that the new sidewalk would decrease his frontage.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.