Pronunciation: (frô'stid, fros'tid), [key]
1. covered with or having frost.
2. made frostlike in appearance, as certain translucent glass: a frosted window; a frosted light bulb.
3. coated or decorated with frosting or icing, as a cake.
4. (of hair) highlighted, esp. by bleaching selected strands.
5. made with ice cream: frosted malted.
a thick beverage, usually made with milk, flavoring syrup, and ice cream whipped together.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.